October 10, 2011

Baby. Baby. And more baby.

I have had a one track mind lately.  Baby.  Getting the nursery ready for the baby.  Getting the rest of the house ready for the baby.  Setting up the baby registry.  Thinking about baby names.  Buying diapers... for the baby. 

This is obviously normal.  Every new Mom (and Dad) go through big life changes when they are getting ready to bring home a new member of their family.  My problem is that I want it all done NOW.  I have 6 months before we will bring home our little bundle of joy, but that is not enough time.  No sir-ee Bob!  My craziness has been driving my husband nuts.  He told me the other day that I had to lay off the "Spring Cleaning" because he was running out of room in the back of his SUV to haul stuff to the dumpster.

I'm sure he gives me looks when my back is turned.  You know... the ones that say "OMG... what is going to happen when the baby is actually here?"  Or "I wish she would just stop moving, for one minute, and take a breath."  I think I make him dizzy.  Unfortunately, he knew this was coming.  I knew this was coming.

Luckily, we have an amazing network of family and friends that have been super supportive.  My Dad has been helping us every-which-way to get the house ready for the baby.  Bathroom remodeling, attic insulation, fresh drywall, and landscaping.  My best friend came over and spent hours helping me and my Dad, and I know that she is always there for me to lend a helping hand.  My amazing cousin has set herself up so that she can provide us with the best daycare ever!  We could not thank these people enough for what they have done for us already...

People always say that RAISING a child takes a village.  I say that GETTING READY FOR A CHILD and HAVING A CHILD takes a village as well.  I'm very thankful that I have a village behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment