September 23, 2011

Hormones

Since I don't truly know who my audience is comprised of, I'm taking the risk that someone will read this blog that hasn't heard the news...  We're expecting!  My life will practically revolve around this pregnancy for the next few months, and then my child after she is born, so now is as good a time as any to begin blogging about it.

To be honest with ya'll, I have been pretty miserable this last month.  Once the symptoms finally hit me, I couldn't shake the fatigue, frequent urination, stomach cramps, and 24/7 queasiness.  I've been emotional about everything from my much-to-early weight gain to the song playing on the radio.  I really want to enjoy this pregnancy, so I've been trying to just shed off this funk and start being positive about everything.

But today, I thought I had a breakthrough.  As I drove to a seminar this morning, an old Backstreet Boys number 1 hit came on the radio.  I found myself bouncing in my seat.  My head started bobbing and my fingers tapped the steering wheel.  As I picked up on those old familiar words, I started singing along softly.  About halfway through the song, I was belting out that tune like I was trying out for American Idol.

Backstreet Boys
Backstreet Boys
Everybody (backstreet's back)
Everybody
Rock your body
Everybody
Rock your body right.
Backsteet's back alright!

Oh my god we're back again
Brothers sisters everybody sing
Gonna bring the flavor, show you how
Gotta question for you, better answer now
Am I original?  Yeah!
Am I the only one?  Yeah!
Am I sexual?  Yeah!
Am I everything you need?
You better rock your body now

Now throw your hands up in the air
And wave 'em around like you just don't care
If you wanna party let me hear you yell
Cuz we've got it going on again


I was doing so well!  And then... my hormones took over.  The next song on the radio was the theme song to the movie Armageddon, "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith.  So what do I start thinking about?  Bruce Willis dying, of course!  He takes A.J.'s place to save the world.  He leaves his little girl behind so that she can be with A.J. and start a family.  And then Liv Tyler puts her hand on the television screen as it goes to white noise and static... "Daddy?  Daddy!"  (I'm a daddy's girl, so that didn't help the situation.)


I immediately start crying as I pull up to the next stop light.  (I started crying again as I picked the clip above from You Tube and watched it.)  I'm sure the guy in the truck next to me thought I was completely nuts.  Nope.  Sorry guy.  Not nuts.  Just pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Mom will be here for the next 7-8 months to help you get through. And, "after she is born" makes everyone think you already know what it is.
    By the way, that Backstreet Boys CD is still at home if you ever want to listen to the song.

    ReplyDelete